You are pregnant but you have not yet started feeling it. Though the pregnancy hormones have just started to pep in your body so there are chances that you can experience aches, fatigue, morning sickness, and nausea. Initially, you might be at discomfort but remember that there is a small process happening inside your body. Finally, you are growing a child within you! Let us experience this journey in three trimesters so that you start preparing a check list for to play your baby’s host.
The most beautiful phase of motherhood is this trimester, which lasts from week 1 to week 13. There are several changes happening inside your body as a small life is getting penetrated. Your body is experiencing a couple of symptoms like morning sickness, mood swings, and tender breasts. However, a week by week analysis will help to know the real mother growing inside you. Week 1-4 is the feeling of sinking in, routine check-ups, and a time to hear the lub-a-dub sound of your baby’s heart. Between weeks 5-8, the tiny tot is developing its skin, growing nail beds and hair follicles, sprouting its hand, legs, and feet, and developing taste buds (but before tasting anything, it would first taste amniotic fluid). Retina formation, intestines development and touch receptors start to form between weeks 8 to 13.
During this trimester that lasts from week 18 to 22, the baby is growing rapidly. There will be few ultrasounds done to see how your baby is developing. And the good news to watch out in this trimester is that symptoms like fatigue, morning sickness will fade and you will start to feel rejuvenated and energetic. However, your body number will keep changing, here’s what you can expect:
- Breast Enlargement: The tenderness that existed in the first trimester goes but the breasts keep growing to feed your baby.
- Severe backache: Excessive weight on the back can give you nightmares while sleeping. It is advisable to use a pillow tucked in between your legs or pamper yourself by taking a lukewarm water bath.
- The urge to frequently urinate can make you sit in the bathroom and give sleepless nights.
- Excruciating headache due to incorrect posture, pain in the back. Try to incorporate few relaxing techniques in your routine like deep breathing.
- Constipation will exist throughout pregnancy. To avoid this, focus more on eating citrus fruits like oranges, drinking coconut water, and juices.
These are the final few months when your baby will arrive in this world. There is no doubt that your tummy will keep getting bigger, maturing your baby rapidly. This trimester lasts from week 28 to 40, witnessing significant developments like increased baby weight, rapid pokes, and development of senses alongside changes in your body like heartburn, contractions, dark stretch marks, lack in bladder control and leaky breasts.
Little activities you can plan before your baby arrives
- Talk to your baby
- Keep a track of baby’s activities
- Prepare yourself for breastfeeding
- Set up a safe place for your baby to sleep
- Read more about labor pain
- Try to catch up on baby articles