Moles are defined as common, small tan or brown spots on the skin. They may be mistaken for freckles and other skin growths.
Signs and Symptoms
- Swelling on and around the skin eruptions
- Scarring on the skin
- Redness on and around the exanthemas
- Inflamed and infected nodules
The major causes for moles include:
- Family history
- Sun-protected areas like the palms, soles, and genitals
- Over exposure to sun light
The treatment of moles depends on their type and cause. For example, true moles can be treated by surgical removal. Lasers are also being used in some medical centres to remove some types of moles.