Dr. Anil Sharma
- President Elect & Founder member, Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Life member of International Federation of Societies for Obesity (IFSO) and Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- Life member of Society of endoscopic & laparoscopic surgeons of Asia (ELSA).
- Life member of Society of American Gastroinstestinal Endosurgeons (SAGES)
- Life member of Indian association of gastrointestinal endosurgeons (IAGES)
- Life member of Hernia Society of India (National Chapter of APHS).
- Life member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Life member of Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- Member – FAIS Committee – Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) 2004
- Member of British Surgical Stapling Group (BSSG), 1991-1993.
Dr. Anil Sharma relocated to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi from UK in 1994. He was associated with the founding of the Department of Minimal Access Surgery since its inception in 1996. Dr. Anil Sharma has a special interest in surgical management of Abdominal wall hernias, a subject on which he has conducted numerous operative workshops and lectured extensively globally. Dr. Anil Sharma specialises in hepatobiliary, metabolic and bariatric surgeries. Having conceptualized a basic medical writing course to disseminate the art of practice and scientific medical writing and presentations, he is a keen academician and prolific writer with several landmark scientific articles in International publications.
- Rotating residency at KEM hospital , R.N. Cooper municipal hospital, L.T .M. hospital, Bai Jerbai Wadia hospital for children from 1984 - 1988
- Casualty medical officer at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- Registrar in Surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital from 1988 -1991
- Senior house officer in surgery at Bedford general hospital
- Registrar in Surgery at Bedford general hospital from 1991-1994
- Consultant surgeon in May 1994 Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi (1994 – 2009)
- Senior Consultant surgeon at Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric surgery at Max Hospital Saket.
- MBBS - Bombay University, Seth G. S. Medical College & associated K. E. M. Hospital, Bombay
- MS(General Surgery)- Bombay University, Seth G. S. Medical College & associated K. E. M. Hospital, Bombay
- FICS.- International College of Surgeons
- FRCSEd- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Bedford General Hospital, Bedford, U.K.
- FRCSEng - Royal College of Surgeons of England
- President- Elect , Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS).
- Accredited faculty, National Board of Examinations for post-doctoral fellowship in Minimal access surgery.
- Examiner and Overseas Clinical tutor, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- Examiner, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Vice President , Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES).
- Associate Editor, Indian Journal of Surgery, the official publication of the Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Course Founder and Director, Basic Medical Writing Course An introductory course in scientific medical writing and presentation for clinicians.
- Course co-director - Training courses in Minimal Access & Bariatric Surgery, Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Course co-director - Training courses in Hernia Repair and Bariatric Surgery, Professional Affairs & Clinical Education (PACE, Covidien Inc, USA),
- Faculty member, Ethicon Institute of Surgical education (EISE), New Delhi.
- Faculty member, Covidien Center of Innovation India.
- Surgical management of abdominal wall hernias
- Gall bladder and associated hipatobiliary conditions
- Bariatric and metabolic surgery for weight loss and treatment of Diabetes mellitus
- Single incision laparoscopic surgery (scarless surgery)
- Laparoscopic surgery for Benign conditions of the upper GI Tract e.g Fundoplications, cardiomyotomies.
Max Super Speciality Hospital,Saket
- Monday to Friday - 03:00PM to 05:00PM