Dr. Manish Baijal
Dr. Manish Baijal
Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
Max Super Speciality Hospital, Bathinda
Metabolic And Bariatric Surgery
Minimal Access / Laparoscopic Surgery
Weight Loss Surgery
- Hernia Society of India (National Chapter of APHS).
- Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI).
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Society of endoscopic & laparoscopic surgeons of Asia (ELSA).
- Indian association of gastrointestinal endosurgeons (IAGES).
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- Indian Society of Surgical Gastroenterology (ISG).
- Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- National Board of Examinations
- Registrar at Department of Minimal Access surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi from 1996-1999)
- Attending Consultant Surgeon in Department of Minimal Access Surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital from 1999-2000)
- Consultant surgeon at Department of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi)
- Senior Consultant surgeon at Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery at Max Hospital Saket since 2009 till present. )
Education & Training:
- MBBS- Kasturba Gandhi Medical College, Manipal
- DNB (Gen Surg)- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- MNAMS - National Board of Examination, New Delhi
- FIAGES- Fellowship of Indian Association of Gastroinstestinal Endosurgeons
- FALS -Fellowship in Advance Laparoscopic Surgery
- Specialization in Bariatric Surgery - Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA
- Dr Baijal has been conferred the designation of ‘Surgeon of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery’ by the Surgical review corporation, USA . The MAMBS team at Max Healthcare, Saket is also the Founder ‘Center of Excellence’ for Bariatric surgery and Hernia surgery. )
- Creation of a set of 15 educational teaching CD-ROMs in ‘Minimal Access Surgery- Basic & Advanced Procedures’ released by His Excellency Shri KR Narayanan, the President of India on July 15, 2002. )
- Authored and co authored 75 national and international publications. )
- Text book on “Endohernia repair” First edition: 2004, New Delhi: Byword Viva Publishers Pvt. Ltd. )
- “Endohernia repair” Second edition Vol. 2 July, 2012, New Delhi : Byword Viva Publishers Pvt Ltd. )
- Handbook of Bariatric Surgery, New Delhi : Elsevier)
- Silver Book – Single Port Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Using X-cone and reusable hand instruments) )
- Silver Book – Video Assisted anal Fistula Treatment (VAAFT) )
- He played a lead role and provided his professional expertise in compiling, streamlining and editing the scientific content of the manual titled “Minimal Access Surgery – Guidelines & Recommendations” June 2000)
- Hony. Treasurer – Asia Pacific Metabolic & Bariatric Surgical Society (APMBSS) )
- Hony. Treasurer and Founder member– Hernia Society of India (HSI) – National Chapter of Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS) )
- Accredited faculty, National Board of Examinations for post-doctoral fellowship in Minimal access surgery. )
- Faculty member, Ethicon Institute of Surgical education, New Delhi. )
- Teaching Faculty – Professional Affairs & Clinical Education (PACE) )
- Teaching Faculty – Centre of Excellence (COE) )
- Surgery for morbid obesity and metabolic disorders (weight loss/ bariatric surgery). He has received his advanced bariatric surgery training at the Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA.
- Surgery for abdominal wall hernias
- Laproscopic biliary surgeries (Gall bladder stone, common bileduct surgery etc.)
- Has pioneering work in scarless neck surgery for thyroid and para thyroid diseases.