Dr. Sonika Gupta
Dr. Sonika Gupta
Head of Department - Max Noida/ Sr Eye Surgeon and Head- LASIK & Cornea -Refractive Services
Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
Max Super Speciality Hospital, Patparganj
Max Multi Speciality Hospital, Noida
Max Multi Speciality Centre, Panchsheel Park
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- All India Ophthalmological Society
- Delhi Ophthalmological Society
- Strabismological Society of India
- Noida Ophthalmological Society
- North Zone Ophthalmological Society
- Chandigarh Ophthalmological Society
- Experience of more than 16 years in Ophthalmology
- Specialized in CATARACT SURGERY, LASIK SURGERY, CORNEA SURGERY
- Adept at performing various eye surgeries including Cataract surgery by PHACO, LASIK LASER, PRK, Cornea transplants, C3R, other cornea and anterior segment surgeries and lasers
- Certified LASIK surgeon -both Microkeratome and Femtosecond LASIK Laser
- Observership and advanced course in PHACO, Corneal diseases, Eye Banking and LASIK at Cornea & Laser Eye Institute, Tea Neck, New Jersey, USA
- Previous appointment - Faculty & Assistant Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology, Govt. Medical College & Hospital (GMCH), Chandigarh
- Consultant-In-Charge of Cataract, Cornea & Refractive and Eye Banking Services of the Department
Education & Training:
- MS (OPHTHALMOLOGY)
- Fellowship -International Council of Ophthalmology
- Fellowship -Cornea & Laser Eye Institute , New Jersey , USA
- Max Healthcare Award for outstanding performance
- Max Healthcare Award for NABH Assessment
- International Council of ophthalmology (Basic & Clinical sciences- FRCS 1 & 2A)
- Cataract Surgery by PHACO
- LASIK Surgery - Microkeratome and Femtosecond LASIK Laser
- Cornea Surgery
Duration Of OPD:
Max Hospital Saket
- Monday and Wednesday : 02:00pm - 04:00pm
Max Med Centre Panchsheel Park
- Tuesday & Friday: 01:30pm - 03:30pm
- Wednesday: 09:00am - 01:00pm
Max Hospital Noida
- Mon, Tue, Fri & Satu: 09:00am - 01:00pm
- Wed & Sat: 05:00pm - 07:00pm
- Sunday: 10:00am - 12pm
Max Hospital Patparganj
- Thursday: 09:00am - 02:00pm
Research & Publication:
- Keen interest in research and presented her work at various international including American and European Society of Cataract &Refractive surgery and World Cornea Congress, national and regional conferences regularly.
- Presented her work at the prestigious World Cornea Congress, Boston, USA which was highly appreciated.
- Presented at the American and European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery Annual Conferences at San Fransisco and Rome.
- Her presentations at Prague were highly appreciated and selected as one of the top presentations of the conferences.
- Published numerous papers in peer reviewed journals.
- Actively promoting Eye donation and Cornea Transplant as a part of community ophthalmology program to alleviate corneal blindness in society.
- Actively involved in the teaching of both undergraduates (MBBS) and postgraduate (MS Ophthalmology) students at GMCH, Chandigarh.