Epilepsy is a common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by recurrent and unprovoked seizures due to alterations in structure / brain function.
Signs & Symptoms
The symptoms of epilepsy vary from person to person. The most common signs are:
- Staring spells
- Loss of alertness
- Strange sensation
The most common causes of epilepsy include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Infections, including brain abscess, meningitis, encephalitis, and AIDS
- Abnormal blood vessels in the brain
- Brain tumor
- Metabolism disorders present at birth
Epilepsy is usually controlled, or cured, with medication. At Max Institute of Neurosciences, we use the following programs to monitor and control Epilepsy.
Max Epilepsy Programme
- Max Institute of Neurosciences provides comprehensive and compassionate care to adults and children with seizure disorders. Our team of highly experienced doctors and surgeons strives to ensure best results that eventually bring good quality life to people.
- The Epilepsy Program at Max Institute of Neurosciences is led by an epileptologist.
- Get comprehensive evaluation, neurodiagnostic and treatment services including Counseling, Education, Customized treatment plans, Medication, Physical evaluations, and Psychological report.