It is pain felt in the back that usually originates from the muscles, nerves, bones, joints or other structures in the spine. Back pain may have a sudden onset or can be a chronic pain; it can be constant or intermittent, stay in one place or radiate to other areas.
The potential sources and causes of back pain include:
- Spinal disc herniation
- Degenerative disc disease
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
- Inflammatory disease
- Medications - Short term usage, medications prove effective
- Exercises - Primarily back strengthening exercises under the guidance of a certified trainer, but always started once acute pain is controlled
- Surgery - Highly specialised orthopaedic surgeons, rheumatologists and physiotherapists use computer assisted orthopaedic surgery techniques which are as follows:
- Joint Replacement Surgeries - The joint replacement team provides state-of-the-art surgical care employing up-to-date techniques for the treatment.
- Spine Surgery - Our dedicated spine clinic offers conservative and operative management for a wide range of spinal disorders, making use of state-of-the-art equipment like operating microscopes, computer-navigation, etc.
- Traumatic Orthopaedic Management - We are equipped with:
- Three-dimensional digitised fluoroscopic intra-operative imaging, coupled with professional software support services
- Multi-functional multi-optional fracture tables (permitting minimal incision technique fixation for all possible fractures)
- The latest orthopaedic implant and instrumentation, including biodegradable implants