Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
Benign (non-cancerous) enlargement of prostate, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a very common medical condition affecting large number of men as they age. It is said that almost every man will experience some symptoms of BPH in their lifetime. When the prostate enlarges it obstructs the flow of urine down the urethra and results in varying symptoms. Although BPH is not life threatening but it could be embarrassing, inconvenient and uncomfortable.
Signs and Symptoms
The most common symptoms of BPH are:
- Difficulty emptying your bladder completely
- Difficulty sleeping due to frequent urination
- Feeling of full bladder even after urinating
- Dribbling after voiding
- Leakage of urine
- Blood in urine
The causes of BPH are:
- Changes in hormonal balance and cell-growth factors
The Urologist may recommend a range of treatments depending on the type of disease you're suffering from. These options may range from 'wait and see', drug therapies, surgery, or some combination.
We, at Max Healthcare, perform world’s most advanced Holmium Laser (HoLEP) Surgery which is done to remove the enlarged prostate gland tissue. The VersaPulse® is a unique device that allows the doctor to perform certain surgical procedures with increased precision, smaller or no incisions, and little or no bleeding.
Advantages of HoLEP
- Safe and economical
- Perfect for small to very large prostates
- No blood transfusion required
- Safe even for cardiac patients and those on anticoagulants
- Minimal catheterization
- Early return to work
- No chances of recurrence
- Immediate relief of symptoms