Preventive Health Plans for cardiac package
Why is a Cardiac PHC necessary?
A cardiac Preventive Health Check is necessary to identify individuals at risk for heart attack & stroke. Screening reduces the burden of cardiovascular diseases and promotes heart health.
What are the major risk factors for heart diseases and how are they assessed?
MAJOR RISK FACTORS FOR HEART DISEASE ARE:
- Uncontrolled Hypertension
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Family History
The assessment is done by testing cholesterol, sugar & blood pressure. The range of prevention services include routine screening exams for high-risk evaluations and treatment, nutritional & psychologist counseling & smoking cessation.
Who should take these checks?
THESE CHECKS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR
- Primary prevention - Those individuals who have risk factors such as smoking/ hypertension/ diabetes or have a family history of cardiac problem.
- Secondary prevention - For individuals with known heart disease who need aggressive medical management to delay an interventional procedure.
- Tertiary prevention - Rehab programme post CABG & interventional patients with emphasis on exercise & proper diet.
AVAILABLE AT FOLLOWING MAX FACILITIES:
- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Patparganj
- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Shalimar Bagh
- Max Multi Speciality Hospital, Noida
- Max Hospital, Gurgaon
- Max Multi Speciality Centre, Panchsheel Park
- Max Hospital, Pitampura
- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Vaishali