Cancer, as we all know is a fatal disease and can find its way in the body anywhere because it is not limited to the common types of cancer such as breast, lung or blood cancer. Out of all the cancers that are named above, are you aware of the Gall Bladder Cancer?
Also called as biliary cancer, it is most commonly seen among women. Gallbladder, a small organ located below the liver is responsible for concentrating and storing bile. You might not be aware of the symptoms and causes of gallbladder cancer, so we abreast you everything you need to know about gallbladder cancer.
Let us begin with the symptoms:
As gallbladder is located deep inside the body, it is not easy to detect the symptoms of gallbladder cancer at an early stage. At times, there are even no symptoms visible in the patient. However, some patients do show some of the early signs which are listed below:
- Pain in abdomen
- Bloating in stomach
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Loss of appetite or Weight loss
If you or any of your loved one is suffering from these health issues for a long time, then do not take it lightly and visit a nearby doctor for a diagnosis.
We at Max Healthcare, take pride in being termed as the best cancer hospitals in Delhi and offer accurate diagnosis and treatment of Gall Bladder Cancer. Here, the specialists will not just take a good care of your health but will also help you in understanding your disease for better prevention and cure. During your diagnosis, doctors will also inquire about your medical history to determine the causes of your problem.
To give you a brief outline, we have listed down some of the causes and risk factors associated with gallbladder cancer. Read them and assess your risk of contracting the disease:
Causes and Risk Factors
- Age: People above 70 years of age are likely to get diagnosed with gallbladder cancer
- Gender: Women are more vulnerable to gallbladder cancer as compared to others
- Gallstones: People who have gallstones or have a history of having gallstones are more at risk
- Smoking: It can increase the risk of developing gallbladder cancer
- Family history: People with a family history of gallbladder cancer are more likely to develop this cancer
- Obesity: Obese people are also at an increased risk of getting affected by gallbladder cancer as compared to others.
- Gallbladder polyps: They are the polyps that grow when gallstones get embedded in the gallbladder wall. Some of them even cause inflammation and doctors advise removal of gallbladder if the polyps are larger than 1 cm as they can be cancerous in nature.
These are some of the main reasons and risk factors that trigger the growth of cancer in the gallbladder. It is best if you understand them carefully and try to prevent the disease before it catches up with your health and affects it adversely.
Now that you know about the symptoms and causes, another essential thing you must understand about gallbladder cancer is how to prevent it. Adopt the below-listed habits and ensure a healthy tomorrow:
- Maintain healthy weight
- Balanced diet
- Avoid asbestos exposure
- Removal of Gallbladder with gallstones in Endemic Area
- Maintain low cholesterol levels
- Say no to smoking and alcohol
- Ultrasound of abdomen above the age of 50 yrs
Everyone knows the fact that prevention is better than cure, so why not incorporate these habits in real life. One ought to make his/her best efforts to cherish the gift of a healthy life. However, if unfortunately, you get diagnosed with such disease, do not lose faith. Instead, choose the best cancer hospital. We at Max Healthcare are happy to guide you through hard times while telling you about the best diagnosis and treatment procedures. With our expert team of oncologists and state-of-the-art facility, we aim to treat every patient that comes to our care and give them the gift of healthy life ahead.
“Know your Gall Bladder, you can prevent a disaster Gall Bladder Cancer”