Aren’t women expected to play multiple roles in juggling between home and office? There is often guilt of not being able to spend enough time with loved ones and there lies no outlet for the frustration that accumulates from the pressure of having to conform to these demands. This leads to a plethora of psychiatric and medical conditions, the most common being ANXIETY. You might face a challenge in maintaining the balance between the personal and professional life, which accelerates their level of anxiety and stress causing:
- Sweaty Palms
- High Blood Pressure
- Pounding heart
- Feeling of entire world being slow down
Dr Ashima Srivastava says It is true that the economic pressures and psychological demand are urging women to take a more active role outside the home; thereby affecting the couples’ interpersonal relationship. She is fighting for empowerment and losing on being an individual, leading her to an over thinking vicious patterns of guilt, which is lowered by impulsive shopping, smoking, or excessive drinking.
Is there any Diagnosis?
The diagnosis, usually anxiety, has slowly and surely become one of the most common mental issues faced by modern women. What’s more alarming is the increase in this rate in working women. The choices that a woman makes in the light of feminism are empowering but within the chambers of her heart are nerve-cracking. It is important that:
- Work on priority wise planning and maintain a balance between work and family life to feel less drained out
- Time management skill
- Take out time for yourself to engage in relaxing activities
- Socialise with friends, family to treat with ongoing stress
- Create a mutual understanding on respective roles towards family and home affairs