Diet is the key to quick recovery post surgery, as body needs food to repair the tissue, and recover.
Eat enough proteins to repair and make new muscles. Add protein rich foods like egg, yogurt, lentils, dairy products, lean meats and nuts. One can also include protein supplements to make up for the extra need post surgery for early recovery.
Get the vitamins like Vitamin C which is also called the healing vitamin as it aids in tissue repair. Include citrus fruits, berries, papaya in your diet to get your daily dose of vitamin C. Vitamin E is also very important for post surgery recovery as it is an antioxidant , helping in removing the toxins/ radicals and aid healing. Take plenty of good quality fats like canola, olive or soyabean and also include nuts as part of your daily diet.
Keep yourself hydrated to prevent dehydration. Increase fluids helps to flush out toxins besides making you feel better and also helps to metabolize the nutrients better.
How to increase your appetite post surgery:
- Eat a balanced diet which include healthy carbs, protein and fats.
- Small frequent meals
- Eat healthy snacks in between your meals to make up for the extra need.
- Hydration is important
- Be active as it helps in better digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Intake of vitamins and minerals helps in better absorption.
- Include Yogurts as probiotics aids digestion and accelerates healing.
- Include foods that aid healing like nuts, yogurt, citrus fruits, egg etc