The health and well-being of our patients are what we strive for. At Max Healthcare, we are equipped with the latest technologies to help you get back home faster. EUS is one such machine that allows our experts to help you with the easy, accurate and swift diagnosis.
What is Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)?
Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) is a minimally invasive ultrasound procedure to assess digestive and lung diseases from inside of your body.EUS produces detailed images of the digestive tract, chest and other nearby organs. As it gives combined benefit of endoscopy and ultrasound, It also acts as a therapeutic tool for cancer-related pain.
EUS is well tolerated, Higher resolution leads to better ultrasonic images, allowing better visualisation of small structures not visible on routine ultrasound or CT scan.
Reasons for using EUS:
EUS provides detailed image analysis of pancreas and other tissues. It helps the doctor to investigate further in conditions such as tumours, tuberculosis or abnormal blood test reports related to AST, ALT and Bilirubin. Pancreatic problems where EUS can be extremely useful are:
- Pancreatic masses and tumours
- Pancreatic cysts
- Chronic pancreatitis Autoimmune pancreatitis
- Acute pancreatitis
What are the Benefits of EUS?
- EUS provides the endoscopist with a close detailing of the organ which cannot be seen with either CT Scan or MRCP.
- EUS has an endoscopic camera, which enables the doctors to see the oesophagus, stomach and the first part of the small intestine.
- EUS makes biopsy of pancreas and lymph nodes and other structures very easy as compared to CT Scans and MRCP.
Are there any risks involved in EUS?
EUS is very safe. Complications related to EUS are generally those of endoscopy or anaesthesia if used.