Motion is life and you need stronger bones and flexible joints to do that. With the onset of winter, the problems of bones and joints ought to increase. It is usually due to restricted absorption of Vitamin D (sunlight) in your body during winter or due to decreased blood flow to bones to increase body temperature or due to restricted mobility to conserve energy which allows accumulation of inflammatory markers or toxins in joints. This leads to stiffness and pain in joints. Ignoring problems related to bones and joints which can lead to further deterioration.
These are few tips to keep your joints and muscles healthy during this winter
1) A balanced diet is key to overall healthy living. Eat a diet which comprises of fruits, vegetables, cereals, dairy products and pulses.
2) Eat foods rich in Vitamin K, D and C.
Examples of some foods rich in Vitamin D are fatty fish, egg yolks, milk and cheese. Some foods rich in Vitamin K are green leafy vegetables like broccoli, spinach, cabbage and kale. Some foods rich in Vitamin C are oranges, lemons, strawberry and kiwi.
3) Physical activity is also important. Exercising strengthens the muscles and maintains weight.
4) Do not over eat and reduce weight
5) Take shower with warm water
6) Dress warmly: Depending on the climate in your city, choose to wear warm winter clothes or dress in layers. Always ensure that you cover your hands, knees, legs and all arthritis prone area
7) Stay hydrated, 3ltr a day a is good way to go.
8) Increase your intake of omega-3 fatty acids which include avocado, flaxseeds, walnuts and fish in your diet.
Enjoy winter while taking the above precautions for Arthritis. If you are facing extreme discomfort in your joints due to arthritis, do consult experts for Bone and Joint.