Most people are of the view that ‘junk food’ is something that’s related to fast-food outlets like burgers, potato chips, chocolate, beverages etc. But the term carries much more weight than what is thought about it. Precisely one who eats a healthy diet knows much more about the term’s wider applicability.
Below mentioned are few products that are known to release opiate like substances, which affects the brain’s chemical makeup and provides a feel-good factor for a temporary period after which an individual suddenly feels a need to consume more of these items. According to this definition then 80% of the products found on supermarket shelves are addictive in nature. It’s essential that you avoid consuming these products not only to topple food addiction but also to combat obesity.
5 Most Addictive Foods
- Dairy products (cheese)
Recovery from Food Addiction
Since now we are aware of the foods that cause addiction, its liable to search for a solution. The next step to stop obesity is that we interchange these products with healthy ones so as to achieve a better life. It’s essential that an individual limits and restrains his intake of these unhealthy foods over time and switches totally to healthy foods. Let’s delve into the character of these superfoods that can limit obesity and food addiction.
6 Super Foods To Limit Obesity
Foods that are rich in all minerals and vitamins are the ones that can best help stop food addiction. These may include delicacies made from fruits, nuts, pulses and vegetables.
1. Green vegetables: That’s because green vegetables contain most of the nutrients and vitamins that your body requires on a daily basis. High fibre content in vegetables with lower calories fills your tummy much faster and leaves less room for those high calorific addictive foods which normally you would consume to fulfill your hunger requirement.
2. Nuts and dry fruits: Since these food articles are rich in most vitamins and contain really high calorific value, they are a great choice to maintain a healthy body.
3. Pulses, lentils and beans: Well pulses and beans are pretty low in calorie content yet provide all the essential vitamins and minerals required by the body. They are also low in sodium content which means that they will not allow water to be retained which usually leads to bloating.
4. Bananas as a substitute to eggs for cakes: Bananas are a great substitute for eggs since they are both rich in fibre and potassium content which is known to aid in weight loss. It also contains high amounts of vitamin B6 which boosts your immunity and reduces the risk of getting heart disease.
5. Avocados: They are rich in protein and vitamin content and contain oleic acid which subdues your hunger for longer durations. It’s a great healthy fruit to consume especially if you wish to lose weight.
6. Honey as a substitute to sugar: Honey is a natural ingredient unlike sugar which means it contains vitamins, minerals and amino acids. All these are known to regulate fat and cholesterol metabolism which helps to prevent obesity.