Attending Consultant – Cardiac Anesthesia
I. JOB PURPOSE
To provide & ensure direct or indirect accurate medical attention to all cases needing anaesthesia before any surgical procedure. To provide high quality Pre-anaesthesia, anaesthesia and Post-operative anaesthesia care in the hospital
II. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To effectively interface with patients, technicians, nursing staff and service users.
- To demonstrate effective application of technical & professional knowledge.
- To demonstrate pre, INTRA and post operative care of all the cases done in the unit.
- To be available for emergency calls of the cardiac O.T. & the CTVS - I.C.U,Cath Lab,CCU.
- To supervise all nursing/para-medical & non medical staff to maintain high standards.
- To actively participate in CME and Journal clubs & conferences.
- To co-ordinate on matters relating to Provision of infrastructure and maintenance support, selection of medical consumables and equipment to be procured
- To have complete orientation of IMS system of Hospital.
- Comply with the service quality Process
- Comply with the environmental issues & policies of the OT.
- Comply with the occupational issues & policies in the OT.
- Comply with patient safety policy.
- To have complete Awareness about Disaster Management Programme (DMP) of the hospital
- To facilitate teaching and training programs of O.T. Nurses, Technicians, I.C.U. Staff.
- To ensure optimum utilization of resources by himself and subordinates
- To be well groomed, punctual & adhere to company policies and practices.