I. JOB PURPOSE
Organizational, Interpersonal, Supervisory, Communication, Quality Control, Decision Making, Recruitment Strategies,
Analytical ,Sharp Reflexes, Team Building , Time Management, Grievance Handling, Performance Management,
Emphasizing excellence , Conceptual.
II. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a member of the direct care team and leads the Nursing team in gaining exceptional skills to provide evidence based comprehensive Nursing care.
- Responsible for serving as a mentor to new recruits and existing nurses, providing orientation, assisting with training and making recommendation.
- Ensures the training of staffs in the new updates
- Is responsible for the overall training and development needs of nurses in the hospital.
- Develops own knowledge base, ensuring practice is evidence based and contributes to the enhancement of patient care.
- Is a mentor /learning resources for learners/Junior staff.
- Acts as a reflective practitioner, questioning clinical practice.
- Participates in reviewing polices and procedures to improve outcomes and the quality of service provided.
- Plans & implements staff learning and development programs
- Responsible for developing all modules related to training of nurses.
- Acts in a professional manner and as a role model to other staff members.
- Ensures effective and efficient use of all department resources.
- Maintains competence amongst the staff in the essential skills required for delivering care within the clinical area.
- Actively participates in the training of any change in practice within the clinical area.
- Ensures the implementation on staff developmental activities Responsible for all training and developmental related activities
- Provides leadership & direction to the staff in the areas assigned.
- Aligns everyone to the Vision, Mission of the Department
- Gears up everyone to achieve targets laid down.
- Carrys out duties with due regard to the nursing Mission, Vision, Objectives of the organization and the nursing department
- Is responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy environment for self, patients, visitors and other staff.
- Ensures that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standards and in accordance with current quality initiatives within the area of work.
- Maintains confidentiality of the patient’s data and comply with the requirement of the organization.
- Performs any other appropriate duties, which may be required from time to time.
- Is responsible to ensure the clinical area has appropriate numbers and skill mix for the dependency level of the patients for the next 24 hrs.
- To liaise with management and bed managers regarding admission and staffing issues and act according to policy.
- Maintains a positive approach to achievement within the team.
- Ensures adequate provision and maintenance of equipment and the resources required for next 24 hrs
- Maintains effective team work.
- Demonstrates skills in Nursing administration.
- Demonstrates skill in team building.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities and effective conflict resolution skills.
- Is responsible for personnel management, operations management, planning and patient care management.
- Responsible for all training and developmental related activities
Induction Support and Teaching
- Coordinates for developing the module for induction.
- Facilitates the induction and orientation of staff assigned to the clinical area.
- Ensure all staffs are certified before independence assignments.
- Ensures an ongoing training in the work areas
- Identifies the training needs of the staffs
- Plans and implements the training activities
- Ensures all members of staff receive support and mentorship.