Due to the deposition of fat and cholesterol inside the blood vessels, the supply of blood gets limited so if there is any injury or infection in the feet; it takes a long time to heal. You can undergo diabetic neuropathy, foot pressure and foot sensation screening for better results. Below mentioned are few foot care tips
you can follow:
• Wash your feet everyday
• Dry your feet well after bath especially between the toes
• Keep the skin soft and smooth, use moisturizing cream if your skin is dry but avoid putting cream between the toes
• Wear extra wide, and well-cushioned footwear.
• Be cautious in cutting your nails. Trim your nails straight, avoid deep cutting of nails as you may injure the skin around the nails.
• Avoid using hot water bottle and electric pads for your feet.
• Refrain from doing bathroom surgeries for corns and calluses and do not use nay corn cap that is available in the market.
• Never neglect any cuts, injury to skin, swelling, redness, and infection of nails. Take prompt medical advice and avoid self-medication.