BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT
Bone Marrow Transplantation or BMT is typically a medical procedure done to introduce healthy bone marrow cells as a replacement to the damaged bone marrow. Bone marrow is a soft spongy tissue inside the bone. The new blood cells are formed from certain immature cells existing inside the bone marrow and these immature cells are known as stem cells.
The Department of Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant at Max Healthcare, New Delhi, India offers state-of-the-art therapies for autologous, allogeneic, unrelated and mismatched and all kinds of bone marrow transplants. Backed by internationally trained Haematologists, the department has great expertise in treating both paediatric and adult patients with benign and malignant Haematological disorders of blood and bone marrow. Max Healthcare's state of the art HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filtered Bone Marrow Transplant unit offers stem cell transplantation for both benign and malignant conditions in children and adults. Max Healthcare also boasts of a superb haematopathology back-up with state-of-the-art instruments including the most advanced flowcytometry machine. Our blood bank is well equipped with all therapeutic procedures including component support, platelet apheresis, plasmapheresis, leukapheresis and stem cell harvest.
DISEASES TREATED AT HAEMATOLOGY DIVISION
- Blood cancer (Leukaemia, Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, Hairy Cell Leukaemia)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome
- Anaemia-Thalassemia, Sickle Cell Disease, other Haemoglobinopathies, Iron deficiency or Megaloblastic anaemia, Haemolytic anaemia
- Bone marrow failure syndromes (Aplastic anaemia, Fanconi's anaemia, Pure red cell aplasia)
- Bleeding disorders (Haemophilia, ITP, Platelet function defects including von Willebrand disease)
- Clotting disorder (Deep vein thrombosis)
- Miscellaneous - Hemochromatosis, Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis, Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, Langerhan cell histiocytosis