At Max Healthcare, we understand the challenges faced by international patients seeking specialised healthcare services. That's why we take pride in offering world-class Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) services that cater to the unique needs of patients from around the globe. With our cutting-edge technologies, renowned medical expertise, and compassionate care, we are dedicated to restoring hope and saving lives through successful bone marrow transplants.
Conditions Treated:Bone Marrow Transplantation is a revolutionary treatment option for a range of life-threatening conditions. At Max Healthcare, our expert team of haematologists and oncologists provides bone marrow transplants for the following conditions:
- Leukaemia: It affects the bone marrow and blood. Bone marrow transplantation can be used as a curative treatment for various types of leukaemia, including acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL), acute myeloid leukaemia (AML), and chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML).
- Lymphomas: Certain types of lymphomas, such as Hodgkin's lymphoma and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, can be treated with bone marrow transplantation.
- Multiple Myeloma: This is a cancer that affects plasma cells in the bone marrow. Bone marrow transplantation may be considered a treatment option for multiple myeloma, especially in younger patients.
- Aplastic Anemia: Aplastic anaemia is a condition characterised by a decrease in red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. In severe cases, bone marrow transplantation can be used to replace the damaged bone marrow with healthy stem cells.
- Inherited Blood Disorders: Certain inherited blood disorders, such as sickle cell anaemia, thalassemia, and Fanconi anaemia, can be treated with bone marrow transplantation. The procedure aims to replace the faulty bone marrow with healthy stem cells that can produce normal blood cells.
- Immune System Disorders: Severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) and other immune system disorders can be treated with bone marrow transplantation. The transplantation aims to provide healthy immune cells to patients who have a deficient or dysfunctional immune system.
- Metabolic Disorders: Some metabolic disorders, such as Hurler syndrome, adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD), and Krabbe disease, can be treated with bone marrow transplantation. The procedure aims to provide healthy stem cells that can produce enzymes necessary for normal metabolism.
Types of Bone Marrow Transplants:Max Healthcare offers various types of bone marrow transplants to suit individual patient needs:
- Autologous Transplant: This procedure involves using the patient's own healthy bone marrow or stem cells collected before undergoing high-dose chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Allogeneic Transplant: In this type of transplant, healthy bone marrow or stem cells from a compatible donor, such as a sibling or unrelated matched donor, are used.
- Haploidentical Transplant: When an identical sibling donor is not available, a haploidentical transplant uses stem cells from a partially matched family member.
- Cord Blood Transplant: Stem cells obtained from umbilical cord blood are used for transplantation, providing an alternative source for patients without a suitable donor.
Cutting-Edge Technologies and Expertise:Max Healthcare is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and infrastructure to ensure the highest level of care and successful outcomes for our bone marrow transplant patients. Our world-class facilities include advanced diagnostic tools, specialised transplant units, and dedicated transplant ICUs. Our experienced team of haematologists, oncologists, transplant surgeons, and support staff work collaboratively to provide personalised treatment plans and comprehensive care throughout the transplant journey.
Why Choose Max Healthcare for Bone Marrow Transplant:
- Expert Multidisciplinary Team: Max Healthcare boasts a team of highly skilled and experienced haematologists, oncologists, and transplant surgeons who have extensive expertise in performing bone marrow transplants. They are supported by dedicated nursing staff and other healthcare professionals.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: We constantly invest in the latest technologies and treatment modalities to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients. Our hospital is equipped with positive pressure rooms and HEPA (High-efficiency Particulate Air) filters, which are required for BMT.
- Comprehensive Care: We provide comprehensive care, including pre-transplant evaluation, personalised treatment plans, supportive therapies, and long-term follow-up care, to ensure the best possible patient experience.
- Patient-Centric Approach: We prioritise the needs and well-being of our patients, offering them a comfortable and safe environment throughout their treatment journey. Our international patient services team provides personalised assistance with travel arrangements, accommodation, language interpretation, and other logistical support to make their stay hassle-free.
- Proven Track Record: Max Healthcare has a proven track record of successful bone marrow transplants, with numerous patients from around the world benefiting from our expertise.