Paediatric Liver Transplant
At Max Healthcare, we understand the challenges faced by families seeking specialised medical care for their children. Our internationally acclaimed Pediatric Liver Transplant procedure provides comprehensive and advanced treatment options for children with liver diseases.
The Pediatric Liver Transplant Evaluation Process:
Our evaluation process is designed to assess the suitability of each child for liver transplantation. Our experienced team of pediatric hepatologists, transplant surgeons, and multidisciplinary experts work closely together to ensure a thorough evaluation. The process typically includes the following:
- Initial Consultation: The evaluation begins with an initial consultation where our medical team reviews the child's medical history, conducts a physical examination, and orders relevant diagnostic tests.
- Diagnostic Tests: Specialized tests such as blood work, imaging studies, and liver function tests are performed to assess the child's liver health, identify the underlying condition, and determine the severity of the disease.
- Psychosocial Evaluation: A comprehensive psychosocial evaluation is conducted to assess the child's psychological and social well-being, as well as the family's support system. This evaluation helps us ensure the child's overall readiness for transplantation and post-transplant care.
- Transplant Team Review: Following the evaluations, our transplant team reviews all the findings and collaboratively decides on the best treatment approach for the child. We discuss the potential risks, benefits, and expectations associated with the liver transplant procedure.
Types of Liver Transplantation Process:
At Max Hospital, we offer different types of liver transplant procedures according to the individual needs of our young patients. These include:
- Deceased Donor Liver Transplant (DDLT): In this procedure, a liver from a deceased donor is transplanted into the child.
- Living Donor Liver Transplant (LDLT): When a suitable deceased donor is not immediately available, we consider LDLT as an alternative option. A portion of the liver from a living donor, typically a family member, is transplanted into the child. The remaining liver of the donor regenerates over time.
Why Choose Max Hospital for Pediatric Liver Transplant in India?
- Expertise and Experience: Max Hospital is renowned for its expertise in pediatric liver transplantation. Our transplant team consists of highly skilled surgeons, hepatologists, anesthesiologists, nurses, and support staff who have vast experience in managing complex pediatric liver diseases and performing successful liver transplants.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: Our hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technology and infrastructure, including dedicated pediatric intensive care units (PICUs) and advanced diagnostic capabilities.
- Multidisciplinary Approach: We follow a multidisciplinary approach involving various specialists such as pediatric hepatologists, nutritionists, psychologists, and rehabilitation experts. This ensures comprehensive care for our patients, addressing their medical needs and also their emotional and psychological well-being.
- Post-Transplant Care: Our commitment to our patients extends beyond the transplantation procedure. We provide long-term follow-up care, including immunosuppression management, routine check-ups, and support for the child's overall well-being. Our team remains accessible to the child and their family throughout the entire post-transplant period.
Choosing Max Hospital for your child's pediatric liver transplant means entrusting their care to a world-class medical institution with a proven track record of successful outcomes. We understand the unique challenges faced by international patients and their families and strive to provide a seamless and compassionate experience.
Contact us today to learn more about our Pediatric Liver Transplant Program and begin the journey towards a healthier future for your child.