Who is Eligible for a Lip Augmentation Surgery?
Anyone opting for a lip augmentation surgery should set a reasonable expectation from the procedure apart from being both mentally and physically healthy.
- Adults of any age are eligible for lip augmentation
- People, who have naturally thin lips or have experienced an age-related decrease in the volume of lips, usually opt for lip surgery
Who Should Not Opt for a Lip Augmentation Surgery?
People who have the following conditions are not the right candidates for a lip augmentation surgery:
- Suffering from oral herpes (cold sores)
- Diabetic condition
- Blood clot problems
- Lupus (happens when the immune system attacks its tissues)
What to Expect
Before the Surgery
The surgeon usually provides the patient with pre-operative instructions that will help in carrying out the procedure easily. The patients will be advised to stop taking certain herbs, vitamins and medications a few weeks before the surgery. The surgeon may want to conduct a few tests to have a clear idea about patient’s health.
During the Surgery
Lip augmentation surgery is a simple procedure but takes around 1-2 hours. The surgical areas are carefully marked for desired results. Fine needles are used in places where the patient desires a much fuller shape and a pronounced cupid’s bow. The procedure usually takes around 1-2 hours depending upon its complexity. Performed under local anaesthesia, the area around the lips is numbed.
After the Surgery
Recovery time usually ranges from a few days to a few weeks. Patients are advised to follow the surgeon’s guidelines for a fruit fulhealing process to keep the surgical area away from complications. Furthermore, patients should expect a little pain and keep themselves away from aspirin or anti-inflammatory medications as they may interfere with the prescribed medications. Also, the patients are advised to avoid using lip products for a few days after the procedure.
Max Hospitals is the best lip surgery hospital in Delhi, India.
What You Need to Be Aware About
There are no significant risks involved with lip surgery. However, there are many side-effects that one may experience. The side-effects include:
- Bruising and swelling
- Tenderness at the injection site
- Bleeding from the injection site
- Stiffening and scarring of the lip (few days)
- Nerve damage
- Result can be temporary or long lasting depending on the technique used.
It is advisable to seek medical attention if one develops severe fever and experiences extreme swelling in and around the lips.
Questions to Ask the Surgeon after the Lip Surgery
Every lip surgery ends with a successful aftercare. A One-on-one conversation with the surgeon helps the patient have a good control over the recovery process. Questions to ask the surgeon should be:
- How much time does the recovery process take?
- What medications will be prescribed?
- When will the stitches (if any) be removed?
- Will there be any diet-related restrictions?
- When should you come back for follow-up care?
- How long my results will last?
Book you appointment with our leading consultants and surgeons for lip surgery in Delhi, India.