What to Expect
Before the Surgery
Surgeons usually ask the patients to keep away from some habits for a successful breast lift surgery. For example, patients are asked to quit smoking at a minimum of six weeks before the procedure. Smoking interferes with the healing process and may cause complications during or after the surgery. Furthermore, the surgeon may ask the patient to –.
- Get a medical evaluation through various lab tests
- Get a baseline mammogram before
- Medications to adjust present medical conditions
- Avoid aspirin or any other anti-inflammatory drug
During the Surgery
The surgical procedure will depend on the patient’s breast shape and size, position and size of the areolas, the level of breast sagging, elasticity, quality and the amount of extra skin. The four steps involved in a breast reduction surgery include:
- Reshaping of breasts
- Skin tightening and closing the incisions
After the Surgery
After a successful breast lift procedure, the results are immediately visible. However, dressings or bandages will be there to keep the incision away from any infection. Because the breasts need to be protected, doctors advise wearing a supporting bra for maximum support. Furthermore, patients should expect a little pain for a few days after the surgery. The pain relief medications prescribed by the surgeon help in subsidising the pain.
Max Hospitals is known as one of the best breast lift surgery hospital in Delhi, India.
Risks Associated with Breast Lift Surgery
The decision to undergo a breast lift surgery is extremely personal, and one should analyse the risks and side-effects well in advance, for an informed decision. The major risks involved with breast lift include –
- Hematoma formation
- Infection and poor healing of incisions
- Potential loss of (partial or total) areola or nipple
- Temporary or permanent changes in breast or nipple sensation
The surgeon usually discusses all the risks associated with the surgery well in advance with the patient. One must address all the questions directly to the surgeon for making the right decision.
Questions to Ask the Surgeon After the Breast Lift
Patients are advised to ask the surgeon as many questions for a better recovery. Some of the questions include –
- In how much time will you be back to normal life?
- Are there any medicines that you will need to take?
- When will the bandages and dressing be removed?
- Will you need help with a bath?
- What is the usual recovery time?
- When can you resume exercising?
- When should you come back for follow-up care?
If you are looking for the best breast lift surgery in Delhi, then you can consult with our team of experts. Book your appointment today!