Here is the link
Couples come to us for guidance during and before pregnancy. Dr. Seema Wadhwa says with increasing stress levels and changes in lifestyle, the younger generation is facing initial problems in conceiving. These tips will surely guide you but it is important to visit your gynaecologist for an expert advice.
1. Visit a Gynaecologist 2 to 3 months before planning for pregnancy for Baseline tests and diagnosis of any problems.
2. Any disease running in the family of either partner needs to be discussed.
3. Get a Baseline Ultrasound done to check Uterus and Ovaries.
4. A Midcycle Ultrasound can give a clue as to whether Ovulation is occurring normally.
5. A few tests for Husband are also advised.
6. Start Folic Acid supplement
7. Treat / Control Medical Disorders such as Anemia, High Blood Pressure, Thyroid disease, Asthma, Diabetes etc.
8. Treat infections if any such as UTI, Leucorrhoea, chronic cough etc
9. Weight Reduction if you are overweight
10. Exercise regularly to maintain a normal BMI. Brisk walk, stretching exercises, & swimming are good
11. Take a Balanced Diet. Cut down on Junk food.
12. Maintain a Menstrual Diary i.e. note down the dates for your menstrual cycles for the last 6 months at least. This can help you maintain a proper schedule to know whenever pregnancy occurs.
13. Stop smoking (both Active as well as Passive) and Intake of Alcohol as they cause Birth Defects.
14. Do not take any medicine over- the- counter when trying to conceive as it can reduce the chances of pregnancy.
15. Avoid Radiation exposure (as Xrays) while trying to conceive as well as during first 3 months of Pregnancy
16. If you need to take any treatment or undergo a procedure to share with your doctor so that he /she prescribe medicines which are safe if pregnancy occurs.
17. You can take over 6 months to 1 year to get pregnant. If you are actively trying for one year & are more than 30yrs age does consult a Senior Gynaecologist.
18. In cases of One or Recurrent Miscarriages, you need to be investigated and treatment has to be started if required.
19. Drink plenty of water to avoid UTI.
20. Try Meditation/Yoga to remain Stress-Free and read about Parenthood.