Liposuction surgery, often called Lipoplasty or Body Contouring, is a cosmetic surgical procedure that removes excess fat from particular body regions, like the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms, or neck for men and women. Otherwise, a person cannot get rid of it through diet or exercise.
However, Liposuction surgery procedure isn't typically considered an overall weight-loss method or a weight-loss alternative. This cosmetic surgery doesn't improve cellulite dimpling or any other skin surface irregularities or remove stretch marks, but can be performed for breast reduction or treatment of gynecomastia.
During weight gain, fat cells increase in size and volume, so Liposuction surgery procedure helps to reduce the fat cells in a particular region. The amount of fat removed depends solely on the appearance of the site and the volume of fat. The resulting contour changes are generally permanent, as long as the weight remains steady.
After liposuction cosmetic surgery, the skin adapts itself to the new contours of the treated areas. Therefore, if a person has good skin tone and elasticity, the skin will likely appear smooth and vice versa.
- The criteria for patients to get this procedure done include:
- The patient has to be within 30% of their ideal weight
- The skin should be firm and elastic
- The patient has to be in good health, without any heart disease or diabetes
- Patient with a robust immune system
- Patient with good muscle tone
- Patients have fat deposits that won't give away with diet or exercise
Get Second Opinion
Get free second opinion from India’s leading specialists.