Cervical Cancer Signs And Symptoms
In its initial stage, there are no symptoms of cervical cancer. However, its symptoms include:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding between periods and after intercourse
- Post-menopausal bleeding, if you are not on HRT or have stopped it for six weeks
- Continuous vaginal discharge
- Unusual and/or unpleasant vaginal discharge
- Back pain
- Leg pain
- Pelvic pain
- Single swollen leg
- Weight loss
- Heavier periods that usual
Causes of Cervical cancer
This type of cancer starts in the cells on the surface of the cervix. Its major causes are:
- Not getting the HPV vaccine
- Poor economic status
- Weakened immune system
- Unhealthy sexual intercourse
- Multiple sexual partners
- Intercourse with people involved in high-risk sexual activities
The treatment of cervical cancer generally depends on various factors – cancer stage, size and shape of the tumor, woman's age and general health. In earlier days, cervical cancer was being cured by the removal of cancerous tissues. However, nowadays surgeries have undergone heavy advancements. Different cervical cancer treatment options are:
Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) –
This procedure employs electricity to remove abnormal tissue.
The procedure involves freezing abnormal cells.
This therapy uses light to destroy cancerous tissue.
It involves removal of the uterus and much of the surrounding tissues, including lymph nodes and the upper part of the vagina.
A rare type of surgery in which all of the organs of the pelvis, including the bladder and rectum, are removed.
Internal or external radiation may be used to treat cancer that has spread beyond the pelvis, or cancer that has returned.
It involves the use of certain drugs that kill cancer tissues.
Book an appointment with the best cervical cancer doctor in Delhi, India at Max Hospitals.